TimeTune has been designed to help you make better use of your time. To that end, it provides you with several tools: routines, reminders, timers, events and more.
This guide will help you learn the basics of TimeTune and get started with your personal time management system.
- Quick start
- Managing your routines
- Customizing your tags
- Checking statistics
- Programming routine changes
- Checking your schedule for today
You can use TimeTune in many different ways. But its most powerful feature is Routines.
Here’s how you can start planning your routine:
- Go to the Main menu / Routines / and tap on ‘My Routine’.
- Swipe left or right to select a day of the week.
- Tap on the round button (+) to create a new activity on the selected day.
- Choose the start time, the end time and a main tag for the activity.
- Tap on the accept icon on top to create the activity.
The created activity will take place every week on the selected day, since routines repeat themselves automatically while enabled.
To plan your routine faster, do this:
- Create the activities for one single day (Monday for example).
- Use the ‘Clone day’ option from the top submenu to copy all the activities from that day to the rest of days all at once.
- Make adjustments on the rest of days where needed (you can long-click on activities and rearrange them as well).
Besides routines, you can:
- Use Reminders for timely warnings.
- Use Events for single activities.
- Use Timers for countdown activities.
MANAGING YOUR ROUTINES
Your routine should reflect your common work/rest cycle. That’s why a 7-day routine is enough for most people (5 days working, 2 days resting).
But sometimes life gets in the way and we cannot follow our usual routine. In these cases, you can create an additional routine and change your whole schedule with a single switch.
To create a new routine for one day:
- Go to the Main menu / Routines / tap on the round button (+).
- Write a name for the new routine (‘Exception Day’ for example).
- Move the slider to select 1 day.
- Tap on the accept icon on top to create the new routine.
- Now you can tap on the new routine and plan your exception day.
To change your current schedule to the new routine, just do this:
- Go to the Main menu / Routines.
- Tap on the switch on your current routine to disable it.
- Tap on the switch on the new routine to enable it.
If you want to automate this change in advance, you can use the Programmer.
CUSTOMIZING YOUR TAGS
When adding an activity to your routine, you always select a main tag to indicate the kind of activity that’s going to take place.
These tags are customizable: you can create your own tags or modify the built-in ones.
Here’s how you can create a new tag:
- Go to the Main menu / Tags / tap on the round button (+).
- Write a name for the new tag.
- Tap on the round buttons to select an icon and a color for your tag.
- Tap on the accept icon on top to create the new tag.
If you want, you can create tags on the fly too:
- When editing an activity, tap on the name of the tag.
- On the tag chooser, tap on the ‘New tag’ button.
- Write a name for the tag and select an icon and color.
- Tap on ‘Done’ and the new tag will be automatically created.
Once your routine has been planned, you can check how your time is distributed with routine statistics.
These statistics will let you know where the time goes and where you can improve.
To check your routine statistics, do this:
- Go to the Main menu / Routines / tap on the statistics icon on your routine.
PROGRAMMING ROUTINE CHANGES
Every time you need to use a different routine on a specific date, you need to manually disable one routine and enable another when the date arrives.
The Programmer allows you automate this change in advance.
To create a new program:
- Go to the Main menu / Programmer.
- Enable the Programmer with the main switch on top.
- Tap on the round button (+).
- Select the initial and final dates for the program.
- Select which routine you want to use during the program.
While active, every midnight the Programmer will look for a program for the new day. If there is no specific program for that day, it will do what the ‘Standard day’ (the default program) says.
The Programmer comes in handy for holiday seasons, exception days, unexpected working shifts and other special occasions.
CHECKING YOUR SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
After planning your routines, programming routine changes and creating reminders, timers and events, you need a centralized place where you can check your schedule for today at a glance.
The Today section will allow you to do that.
To check your schedule for today:
- Go to the Main menu / Today.
From this section, you can use shortcuts to create other elements for other sections of the app:
- Tap on the round button (+).
- Select which element you want to create.
Alternatively, you can add the TimeTune widget to your homescreen to check your schedule for today.